The year 2016 may not be too far behind us just yet, but here at CommCore we have a few quick tips to keep you on the right track for 2017. Whether you’re attending a conference, interacting with the media or revising your crisis management plans – we want you to stay ahead of your communications game in 2017.
- Stay connected. It’s important to stay well-informed across an array of topics. You never know who you’ll encounter at a conference or what on-the-fly question a reporter will ask.
- Have a game plan. Make a list (or if you already have one revisit and revise) to plan and prepare for upcoming events, engagements OR to assess the effectiveness of your crisis plans.
- Refresh your memory. It’s never a bad idea to “refresh” and “polish” your communications skills. Think of your next speaking engagement and what you can do to better prepare.
- Have a 30-second elevator speech. Make sure your speech is ready and rehearsed for chance networking encounters.
- Practice. At CommCore we believe that practice makes for successful delivery. Practicing more than once will help you appear confident, relaxed and prepared.