Before any internal or external presentation you should have an idea of what your audience wants out of it. Ask yourself about the purpose of your presentation, and if it fits the audience’s wants. It will help you target your presentation so it “sticks,” and anticipate the audience’s questions and concerns.
We suggest using the following checklist to assess your audience in advance:
- Who are they? What do you have in common with them?
- What do they know about subject?
- What is their interest in subject?
- What news of the day might be relevant to them?
- What is your goal for the presentation:
Inform? Solve Problems? Arrive at Decisions? Persuade? Agree on Course of Action? Sell?