CommCore Message Process (CMP)
Storytelling, Messaging, Framing — common words and phrases that describe the communications imperative of creating positive impressions and perceptions.
The CommCore Message Process (CMP) is both a disciplined and creative approach that develops messages, stories, and examples that are remembered and quoted.
CMP produces messages for internal and external stakeholders that combine the most pertinent facts and data with stories, example and visual support. The result is a narrative that provides context and content for proactive and reactive communications. The process helps an organization get in front of an issue, set or reset context in an ongoing coverage, stem a crisis from happening or getting worse.
CMP defines and answers important questions:
- What are your communications themes and objectives?
- What proofs do you have to support your messages?
- How will competitors/stakeholders/customers react to each message?
- How can you shape public perception on controversial issues?
- What statements and messages will be most persuasive?
- How to test and measure messages?
The work product from the CMP includes:
- Message Map
- Strategic Message Matrix
- Executive Message Summary and Supporting Detail
- FAQ Document
- Short- and Long-term Communications Plans