When a reporter calls about a story, odds are you will be quoted. But will it be the quote you want? CommCore’s media skills workshops focus on preparing clients on giving reporters what they need: the facts, accurate and interesting information, and quotable “sound bites.” Bottom line: We teach participants how to take control of media interviews.
We can move spokesperson from being a name in a media database to a source for reporters and analysts. We counsel on proactive interviews as well as sensitive issues in responding to a crisis. Our workshops combine instruction with on-camera exercises and critique.
CommCore’s proprietary modules include:
- Message Mapping
- Art of the Sound Bite
- The Rule of Three
By the end of the program, participants will know:
- How to work with the PR team to set up an interview, i.e. questions to ask, materials to prepare
- How to develop quotable messages and sound bites
- How to field difficult questions and bridge to positive answers
- Questions you do not need to answer
- How to develop better relationships with the media
On-camera exercises simulate the most common interview scenarios:
- Investigative reports
- Social Media
- Telephone interviews
- Product Launch
- Radio call-in shows
- Trade show interviews
- Press conferences
CommCore customizes Media Skills programs for one-on-one’s, small group workshops, and interactive lectures for larger audiences. Programs are provided in multiple languages.