Reliance on technology is great…when it works. But working around a tech malfunction is an essential aspect of preparation when you are to deliver a major public presentation at high profile industry events such as CESand JP Morgan Healthcare Conference.
An example occurred at CES this week. Film Producer Michael Bay was there to talk about Samsung’s Curved 105-inch UHD TV, and when the teleprompter failed, he walked off the stage.
At CommCore we prepare clients for trade shows such as CES and JP Morgan and remind them to:
- Memorize your opening statement and deliver the bottom line in the first 2 minutes
- Check out the facilities in advance
- Practice with prompter operator (at the venue, if possible)
- Prepare your talking points
- Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse
- Have a back-up plan in the event there is a technology failure, such as bullet points on a note card