Storytelling, Messaging, Framing your Narrative are common words
and phrases that describe the critical communications imperative
of creating positive impressions and perceptions – or changing
misperceptions -- about your company or organization.
The CommCore Message Process (CMP) is both a disciplined and creative
approach to developing messages and sound bites that are remembered
CMP produces messages for internal and external stakeholders that
combine the most pertinent facts and data with stories, example
and visual elements. The result is more than a series of messages;
it is a logical, fact-supported narrative that provides context
and content for proactive and reactive communications - whether
it helps an organization get in front of an issue, set or reset
context in an ongoing coverage, stem a crisis from happening or
getting worse, change perceptions or introduce a position.
Where can you use messages? Speeches, interviews, social media campaigns,
sales and marketing pitches, road shows and employee town halls.
We are true believers of “workshopping to goal.” Our
expert facilitators conduct what clients often describe as an internal
focus group for messages/positioning.
CMP defines and answers important questions like:
- What are your communications themes and objectives?
- What proofs do you have to support your messages?
- How will competitors/stakeholders/customers react to each message?
- How can you shape public perception on controversial issues?
- What statements and sound bites will be most memorable and
persuasive to your key audiences?
- What type of testing and measurement will let me know the messages
will resonate with key audiences and stakeholders?
The work product from
the CMP includes:
- Message Map
- Strategic Message Matrix
- Executive Message Summary and Supporting Detail
- FAQ Document
- Short and long term Communications Plans