The last time you combed through a thick FAQ document, were you able to find your key talking points easily? Probably not.
That’s why a simple and useful organizational technique called a mind map is a perfect tool for communicators. Long a staple in the complex world of tech education, mind mapping is one of several long-standing tech trends increasingly being applied to organizational training programs.
We at CommCore have been using mind-mapping for years as a communications tool. These “at-a-glance” maps make it easy for a speaker to review a wide range of options when preparing for an interview, presentation or Q&A:
- Identify your target and secondary audiences
- Select key issues that need to be addressed
- Connect core and secondary messages and stories with specific audiences and issues
- Highlight potential traps
- Locate safe “landing zones” when bridging from challenging Q&A
Our clients repeatedly tell us mind-mapping is one of their most useful takeaways from our training.